January–March 2023 compared with January–March 2022
· Net sales amounted to SEK 4,813m (5,015). The decrease was mainly related to lower selling prices for solid-wood products and containerboard.
· EBITDA declined 21% to SEK 2,055m (2,608). The change was mainly attributable to lower selling prices. Growth in renewable energy and strong earnings in forest operations, primarily based on a high degree of self-sufficiency in wood raw material, had a positive impact on earnings. EBITDA margin was 42.7% (52.0).
· Operating profit amounted to SEK 1,596m (2,223).
· Operating cash flow increased to SEK 1,203m (1,143) and continued to finance ongoing strategic capital expenditures.
· Earnings per share was SEK 1.74 (2.45).
January–March 2023 compared with October–December 2022
· Net sales amounted to SEK 4,813m (4,873). The change was mainly attributable to lower selling prices for pulp and containerboard, which were offset by higher delivery volumes.
· Higher delivery volumes and growth in renewable energy had a positive earnings effect. EBITDA increased 4% to SEK 2,055m (1,981). Good control over SCA’s own value chain with a high degree of self-sufficiency in wood, energy and logistics yielded a controlled cost development. EBITDA margin increased to 42.7% (40.6).