Munksund’s roots stretch back to the 1860s and one of the first steam sawmills in northern Sweden. Today the mill produces 415,000 tonnes of kraftliner per year. Raw materials are harvested mainly from sustainably managed forests in nothern Sweden, where conditions are particularly favourable for slow growth. This produces exceptionally long, strong, high quality fibres.
- SCA Kraftliner White Top
- SCA Kraftliner Wet Strength
- SCA Kraftliner Heavy Duty
- SCA Kraftliner
Grammage range: 115-440 g/m2
Production: 415,000 tonnes/year
Speed max: 1100 m/min
Width paper machine: 7 m
StreamLine One-side wrapping line
Reel belly: 2 wraps white kraftliner coated with 25 g/m2 polyethylene on inside.
Reel ends: Corrugated board circle and an outside paper circle with polyethylene laminate on the inside, melted to close reel ends.
Munksund's roots stretch back to the 1860s and one of the first steam sawmills in northern Sweden.
- 2015 New lime kiln, fired with biofuel
- 2013 Capacity increase paper machine, upgrade recovery boiler
- 2011 New winder for improved reel quality
- 2009 New wastewater treatment plant for improved water usage
- 2008 Launching of Presentation Liner campaign
- 2006 Reel wrapping line start-up for better runability
- 2003 New press section for better surface characteristics
- 2001 Combined heat and power (CHP) plant for bio-fuel based energy supply
- 1996 Two-ply linerboard machine rebuilt, better formation and surface appearance
- 1995 Total chlorine free (TCF) bleaching plant start-up: environmentally friendly process
- 1961 Kraftliner mill start-up
- 1928 Unbleached pulp start-up