We will contribute to reduce global warmth by offering products with low climate footprint, reducing our own emissions of carbon dioxide and a responsible forestry
SCA's new sustainability targets
- Fossil free value chain
- Forests that counteract climate change as growing trees capture and bind CO2
- Increased wind power production on SCA's land
Target and outcome 2017
- We will reduce CO2 emissions from fossil fuels and from purchased electricity and heating by 20% by 2020, with 2010 as reference year
- The production of wind power on SCA forest land will increase to 5 TWh by 2020
- Our plants will reduce suspended solids to water by 10% and phosphorous emissions to water by 10% by 2020, with 2014 as reference year
- Emissions of CO2 have been reduced with 49 percent measured as emissions per ton of pulp and paper
- Wind power production on SCA land amounted to 2.3 TWh
- Emissions of suspended solids increased 57 percent and phosphorus emissions by 5 percent, partly due to the rebuilding of effluent treatment plants
- Reducing emissions of carbon dioxide through continuously strive for high and stable production efficiency, energy savings and to realizing full effect of imade nvestments.
- Increase production of wind power by actively work to realize wind projects at attractive wind sites.
- Emissions to water should be reduced by increased efficiency and technical review in our effluent plants. 2016 was affected by breakdown of the effluent treatmen at Östrand and a rebuilt of the plant at Munksund.