There are many beautiful areas on SCA’s land, with a range of natural environments that are important for biological diversity. We can suggest some excursion destinations that are well worth a visit. They are easy to reach by car and then a short walk.
- In Medelpad, you can visit “Galtström bruk”, an ironworks dating back to the 1600s, or “Seleboåsen”, a forest reserve with a tall spruce forest.
- Jämtland offers such pearls as “Nördtjärnsklippen” – a mosaic of mountain and mire, “Helvetesbäcken” – a herb-rich gully, and “Forsaleden.”
- Ångermanland offers “Långvattnets naturreservat”, a first-class recreational area. “Kattajärven” is a deep and mysterious mature forest.
- In Västerbotten, you can visit “Stockholmsgata”, a magnificent canyon structure, and “Mossaträsk-Stormyran”, which is rich in birdlife
- Norrbotten has areas with beautiful pine forest in Saarijärvi and Avafors, in an old ironworks environment.
Many of the untouched areas have been set aside because of their unspoiled scenery and abundance of dead wood. As a result, visitors should show great care in these areas by not using dead tree trunks and tar stumps when making a fire.
Welcome to the pearls in SCA’s forests!