SCA Hygiene Australasia is committed to sustainable development. Environment and community responsibilities are integral to the way we do business. We are committed to continual improvement in our performance and strive to achieve zero harm to people and the environment.
SCA exists for the purpose of creating value for the company’s shareholders, increasing the standard of living and quality of life of its employees and otherwise contributing to the economic, environmental and social wellbeing of customers, suppliers and the nations in which the company transacts business.
SCA places strong emphasis on renewable and recyclable raw materials and strives to offer environmentally sound products and services. These must be capable of meeting customer and consumer needs with respect to functionality, economy, safety and environmental impact.
Our commitment to sustainability enables us to:
- Identify, assess and manage risks to our employees, contractors, the environment and communities;
- Strive to achieve leading industry best practice;
- Reduce environmental impacts by placing an emphasis on using renewable and recyclable resources;
- Continuously improve operations;
- Reduce and prevent pollution;
- Meet, and where appropriate exceed, applicable legal requirements and other relevant environmental requirements; and
- Support the fundamental human rights of our employees and the communities where we operate.