We will make our knowledge about hygiene available to customers and consumers and ensure access to affordable, sustainable hygiene solutions to help them lead a healthy and dignified life.
In markets in which we operate we will:
- Provide information on hygiene matters around our categories
- Strive to implement education programmes for girls, women and caregivers
- Strive to offer the best value for consumers making hygiene solutions affordable to everyone
- SCA holds the number one or two position in at least one hygiene product category in nearly 80 countries.
- We conduct hygiene training programs in all product categories on all continents.
- SCA offers a broad portfolio of products ranging from the premium segment to the economy segment.
- Our products are distributed to both major corporate customers and to small local stores. Our 14 TENA online stores are examples of how the company works to make our products more accessible
The Sustainability effect
By breaking taboos associated with incontinence, SCA’s expert knowledge contributes to dignity and quality of life for elderly Chinese and their families. When the TENA product range was launched in China, SCA decided to share its expert knowledge by starting an incontinence care training program for nurses.
Since 2009, almost 6,000 nurses from 1,100 hospitals in 12 Chinese cities – including Guangzhou, Shanghai and Nanjing – have participated. When fully implemented, it is expected to reach more than 200,000 nurses which will have increased their knowledge and understanding of incontinence. Read more about the training program for nurses.
People with reduced hand strength, due to disabilities or just age, often have difficulties operating hand hygiene equipment. This group is also one of the most vulnerable to infections caused by poor hand hygiene.
When developing a new Tork foam soap dispenser, this insight was given special consideration. Product testing was conducted in collaboration with the Swedish Rheumatism Association (SRA) and the innovation process resulted in an easy-to-use foam soap dispenser with low push resistance. The dispenser has received the SRA accreditation “Easy to use” and is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant.